Pages

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Cooking From Scratch: Carrot&Ginger Muffins




I have been baking like a lunatic lately. Every couple of years I remember how much I like muffins and I get really creative and have lots of ideas I want to try. This time I made Muffins with ginger and carrots. They are not at all like carrot cake (although I LOVE carrot cake), they are less sweet and very filling so you don't have to feel too bad if you have one of those on your coffee break.

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:

1cup oats (coarse)
1cup milk

3/4cup wholemeal flour
3/4cup all purpose flour
3tsp baking powder
1/2tsp cinnamon

1egg
3/4cup brown or white sugar
1/3cup sunflower oil
1cup grated carrots
1tsp freshly ground ginger

Instructions:



preheat oven to 180°C

soak oats in milk for at least 10 minutes

put dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, cinnamon) together and mix well

whisk egg in big bowl, add sugar, oil, carrots and ginger

add dry ingredients and fold in carefully until wet

put into greased muffin baking dish and bake for about 25-30 minutes (depending on oven)



now wait...



and there they are, half eaten already



Have you got any other muffin ideas for me? Will you try these ones? Would you like me to share my other recipes as well?

Jenny, xoxo

PS: I am using "cups" as I really like to try recipes found on the internet and most of them use "cups". For those of you who haven't tried that yet, do it, it's really simple. I tried it out a couple of times and now I have a measuring cup which holds 250ml of water. This is my "cup" for everything now. You could also get measuring cups here for example

No comments:

Post a Comment