Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

2013 Recap: Books



Like every year I kept track about the books I have been reading. Check out my older lists here. In 2013 I nearly reached my goal of 40 books and 15,000 pages. But have a look here:

  • Haruki Murakami - 1Q84 (1024S.) ****
  • Jilliane Hoffmann - Mädchenfänger (OT: Pretty Little Things) (464S.) *** 
  • Sigrid Goddard - Die Männer, die wir lieben und die Luschen, die wir kriegen (175S.) **
  • Sebastian Fitzek - Amok Spiel (224S.) **
  • Alexandra Reinwarth - Das Glücksprojekt (250S.) ****
  • C.J. Daugherty - Night School. Du darfst keinem trauen (463S.) ***
  • Klaus Maria Pfifferling - So ist das Leben eben (49S.) **
  • Joy Fielding - Im Koma (OT: Still life) (415.) ***
  • Stefan Bonner & Anne Weiss - Heilige Scheiße: Wären wir ohne Religion wirklich besser dran? (245S.) ***
  • Aaron Kahlan - Was uns falsch beigebracht wird (21S.) **
  • Daniel Glattauer - Mama, jetzt nicht! (176S.) **
  • Veronika Immler & Antje Steinhäuser - Die Monster anderer Eltern (199S.) ***
  • Andreas Ehrlich - Schwarzer Humor (179S.) ***
  • Christian Thiel - Suche einen für immer und ewig (212S.) ***
  • Petra Diekel - Persönlichkeit steht jeder Frau (126S.) **
  • Jeanette Walls - Ein ungezähmtes Leben (An Unfinished Life) (365S.) *****
  • Philipp Andersen - Warte auf mich (320S.) ***
  • Jaimy Blazynski - Crush (118S.) ****
  • Claudio Paglieri - Kein Espresso für Commissario Luciani (417S.) ***
  • Pierre Franck - Wünsch es dir einfach, aber mit Leichtigkeit (208S.) ***
  • Gregory David Roberts - Shantaram (1088S.) *****
  • Karim El-Gawhari - Frauenpower auf Arabisch (204S.) *****
  • Noam Shpancer - Der glücklose Therapeut (256S.) **
  • Anne Freytag - Irgendwo dazwischen (586S.) ***
  • Jenny Downham - Bevor ich sterbe (Before I die) (320S.) ***
  • Jojo Moyes - Ein ganzes halbes Jahr (Me Before You) (512S.) ****
  • Marc-Uwe Kling - Die Känguru-Chroniken (272S.) ****
  • Marc-Uwe Kling - Das Känguru-Manifest (304S.) ***
  • S. J. Watson - Ich. darf. nicht. schlafen (Before I go to sleep) (400S.) ****
  • Audrey Niffenegger - The Time Traveller's Wife (519S.) *****
  • Helen Fielding - Bridget Jones' Diary: A Novel (310S.) ****
  • Helen Fielding - Bridget Jones: The Edge Of Reason (422S.) ***
  • Helen Fielding - Bridget Jones: Mad about the boy (386S.) **
  • Rath, Hans - Und Gott sprach: Wir müssen reden (270S.) ***
  • Legardinier, Gilles - Julie weiß, wo die Liebe wohnt (375S.) ****
  • McBeth, Colette - Zorneskalt (Precious Thing) (382S.) ***
  • Fitzek, Sebastian - Der Nachtwandler (318S.) ****

That makes 37 books and 13,072 pages. Not exactly my goal but it was more than the year before and I haven't read anything that I didn't like or that dissapointed me because I made the decision to only read the books that I find interesting and put all the others down straight away.

My favourites in 2013 were "Ein ungezähmtes Leben" (An unfinished life), "Frauenpower auf Arabisch", "Shantaram" and "The Time Traveller's Wife".

There are still loads of unread books in my shelf and they are becoming more and more so 2014 will be a lot about reading again.

What have you been reading? What were your best reads in 2013? I'd love you to share (because I'd love to hear what makes a good book for you!)

Jenny, xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment