It was my birthday yesterday. I am 28 now. It feels pretty good actually, not very different than 27 though but maybe step by step I'm growing up (which was my biggest fear a couple of years ago but being a grown-up has lots of positive things, too, I'm just finding out).
I drove down to my parents' on Monday and had a really bad day that day so I was really looking forward to spending a nice day with my family. My Mom and I went shopping in the morning and found some really nice dresses and then we ate out which was fantastic. In the afternoon my aunt and cousins came over and brought a lovely cake which we had with coffee and lots of talking and laughing and love. I'd say it was exactly the quiet birthday I needed.
Like every year there is a list of things I want to do during the next 12 months and here it is:
- Practise my Salsa dancing and go Salsa dancing more often
- Have a look at Lindy Hop dancing
- Travel further than I have ever been
- Travel at all
- Go to Hamburg
- Go to flea markets
- Try new clothing styles
- Buy a pair of black high heels and learn to walk in them
- Make my own lamp for the living room
- Pay off my kitchen
- Keep working hard for my study programm
- Learn Dutch
- Practice Spanish and French
- Go out on my own (do things I'm afraid of)
- Start doing all those little jobs right away
- Get a new tattoo
this year the list has only 16 things on it so far. But they are things I can all really achieve during 12 months so I'll work very hard. And maybe I'll find a few more things I can add during the next weeks.
What are things that you really want to achieve during the next months?