Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

That was Berlin

So I finally did another weekend trip. This time I visited Anna in Berlin. I have been there before but that was a while ago and back then I really only did the tourist stuff there. When I went there for the first time I was overwhelmed by this big city and still it is just a bit too big for me. I've had a great weekend, Anna showed me around, I got the chance to meet Sophie, one of my au pair friends and Benni who I went to school with. But still it feels good to be back in my little big city Cologne ;-)

The best idea Anna had was to see Berlin by bike. We went to lots of pretty and interesting places and we didn't depend on trams and subway or anything. And we got it all for free! All you need is a bike and someone who knows where to go. You could do that in any city, any village really, go ahead and give it a try! You will have a little bit of exercise, you can stop wherever you want and have a break with a coffee, a picnic or whatever. I highly recommend you try it!

Anyways, I planned to take a lot of pictures but then I didn't, really, I just took a few, they weren't really Berlin-specific and all I did was try my new apps for photography (more on that later).

So here are two examples:


I love this picture. It was about to rain so the sky looked really great. I really liked the picture on the house and with the radio tower everybody knows that it's taken in Berlin. (Have you seen that there are people on the roof top?)

 We had a great laugh about that, the sign says "This door is closed". Obviously it is not. And we weren't even able to close it.


Well, after a long period of work, stress and trouble, the little trip was just what I needed. Loved it so much!
Have you had a weekend trip lately?

Jenny, xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment